Looking for something new and personal to add to your walls? Why settle for a framed photo when you can choose a printed canvas photo instead?
Photographic canvas prints make the perfect gift or add a personal touch to your home or office wall.
Canvas Gallery Wrap
Gallery wrap extends your artwork over the edges to completely cover the wood frame
T & C ‘s
- Stretched on a 23mm Obeche Stretcher Mount
- 40mm Box Mount requires a bespoke quote – Request one below
- Econo options available on MDF & Pine – Request a quote below
- Pricing is valid from our Wizardz Gardens or Waterfront branches only
- This pricing is for collection only. Delivery can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Prices include VAT
- Subject to receipt of “Print Ready“ artwork
- File types accepted: JPEGs & PDFs
- Excludes Design – Design services are available at an additional cost
- Pricing pertains to ONE artwork kind only. Multiple artworks or additional artwork kinds cannot be combined into this pricing model
Additional info on Canvas printing:
COLOUR NOVA 350GSM is a Cotton Canvas with a flexible coating that can be stretched and framed without cracking.
The transparent coating is a water fast satin finish that eliminates the need for spray or liquid laminates.
Professional STRETCHING in partnership with ET&H:
ET&H Canvas is the standout supplier to South Africa’s leading artists and is the preferred supplier to the Cape Town International Art Fair
Their preference is always for OBECHE wood. Why?
- All frames are Hand-crafted from raw imported obeche timber
- Kiln-dried and finger-joined to ensure strength and straightness
- Prevents warping – 100% guarantee against warping!
- Twice-fumigated – hated by borer beetles!
- Extremely light and easy to transport and saves on shipping costs
2 frame width options: “Stretcher 23mm” and “Box 40mm”
Obeche is definitely recommended for larger frame sizes, like A2 and bigger
Higher Cost outweighs the long term warping problems associated with MDF and Pine
Econo options (NOT recommended on sizes larger than A3) = MDF and PINE
MDF (Medium Density Fibre board) or Supawood – this is a “wood composite” of sawdust
Pine (if specifically requested) but this often pulls skew
These are cheaper stretching options BUT is only suitable for smaller frame sizes (such as A5, A4 and possibly A3)
Future warping a possibility – no guarantees
ECONO Stretchers (23mm) = 30% less than Obeche
ECONO Box (40mm) = 25% less than Obeche
No guarantee on warping
Stretchers 23mm: Crossbars for increased stability – Crossbars at 1000mm intervals for 23mm profiles
Box 40mm: Crossbars at 600mm intervals for 40mm (and larger) profiles
Wedges (optional) available if requested (additional cost – request a quote)
ET&H can stretch for any shape or size
Floating frames available (the approx additional cost is double that of a stretched canvas)